Pied Cow Chai | Herbal Tea
It grows only in small areas in the southwest and southeast of South Africa and has many similarities with rooibos. Honeybush is so named because the flowers smell of honey. The taste of honeybush tea is similar to that of rooibos but a little sweeter.
Properties in common with Rooibos include:
- Vitamin C - Supports immune system and absorption of iron
- Iron (Fe) - Essential for transporting oxygen in the blood
- Magnesium (Mg) - Helps promote healthy nervous system and other metabolic functions
- Potassium (K) - Necessary for metabolic functions
- Fluoride (F) - Helps promote healthy teeth and bones
- Copper (Cu) - Helps various metabolic processes
- Manganese (Mn) - Necessary for bone growth and development
- Zinc (Zn) - Promotes normal growth and healthy skin
- Sodium (Na) - Helps with fluid and acid-base balance
- Calcium (Ca) - Helps promote strong teeth and bones
- Alpha Hydroxy - Promotes a healthy skin
- SOD Anti-oxidants - Elements which assist our body functions to slow down the aging process. Rooibos contains the highest anti-oxidant properties in its class.
Pied Cow Chai contains Honeybush and chai spices including Star Anise, Cardamom, Cloves, Ginger pieces, Cinnamon chips, and Peppercorns slightly sweetened with Stevia. Makes a full-bodied Yogi-like herbal tea that was created especially for Pied Cow Coffeehouse. Customers say the taste is addictive!